The SSA for building services engineering is based around five ‘skills priorities’ which were developed following detailed consultation around the UK:
• Image and competence: promoting a positive image of the sector
• Communication and Information: creating a knowledge centre for all sector skills development needs
• Training Provision: ensuring pro-active, highly quality and relevant training
• Funding: flexibility in funding to meet fast-changing needs
• Management & Leadership: supporting the sector to plan and develop profitable and competitive businesses
Under these five priorities sit 20 sector programmes, which are individual projects to help achieve the SSA objectives.